Is this course designed for me?
This is a one day classroom course is aimed at anyone who has responsibility for the management and control of hand-arm vibration in the workplace, or those who need to assess hand-arm vibration exposures and develop control plans in order to comply with legal requirements of the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations, 2005.
There are no prerequisites in terms of knowledge or experience. All levels of experience are welcome.
What will I learn?
The course will equip you with the skills to be able to achieve the following:
- Identify the causes and health effects of hand-arm vibration exposure.
- Identify the legal requirements of the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations, 2005.
- Complete a hand-arm vibration exposure assessment.
- Explain the role of health surveillance in the management of hand-arm vibration.
- Develop and document a hand-arm vibration risk assessment and control action plan.
What will I get at the end?
A certificate of attendance will be provided for all attendees with the option to follow up with the course presenters at a later date to get help and advice with any issues encountered during the application of the skills and knowledge acquired on the course.