As a Process Safety Consultant at Finch, your role will involve enhancing our core process safety expertise across various industries, ranging from Heavy Manufacturing to the petrochemical sector. Your responsibilities will encompass developing new business avenues and client services through collaborative efforts with your colleagues, as well as nurturing client relationships. Additionally, you will expand and cultivate your professional network within the community to optimize opportunities for cross-selling.
Upon selection, the successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to participate in our comprehensive 6-month onboarding program. During this period, you will gain a deep understanding of the entire Finch process, from handling inquiries to conducting client visits, crafting reports, and follow-ups. Throughout this journey, you will receive support from both a buddy and a mentor to ensure a smooth and successful integration into our team and processes.
We are particularly looking for a consultant with a strong ability to identify opportunities and help expand the process safety sector within Finch. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in our dynamic team, contributing to the development of our core capabilities across various industries. It is essential that the successful candidate is proficient in communicating effectively at the executive level.
- Must have a master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Safety Engineering, or a related field
- Chartership would be preferable, but we will be happy to assist with this for the right person.
- A strong knowledge of process safety, relevant regulations and standards.
- Have a demonstrably in-depth knowledge and chaired HAZOP and Hazard Identification studies
- Have demonstratable expertise in assessing P&ID’s against physical installations, and breaking P&IDs into nodes for HAZOPs.
- Experience with DSEAR assessments or consequence modelling is preferable but not required
- Proficiency in proposal writing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong ability to attract and develop new clients.
- Have a strong ability to develop new work in specialist areas.
- Develop, support, and enhance the growth of the Process Safety capability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Project management skills may be a plus.